Monday, November 7, 2011

Mugshot Monday 11/7/11

Ok...so I know that I've been missing for a little over a week, and I'm behind on getting today's post up.  However, I've been up on my roof helping the husband him finish the roofing on our patio roof.  I have the sore body and enough roofing cement on my hands it's kind of a miracle that I'm not still stuck on the roof.

On the upside, the roof is mostly done.  At least done enough to handle the rain we have right now, and, right now, the patio is dry as a bone.

Do you hear that?  It's the angels singing.

We still have more to do since we ran out of roofing cement with about a foot and a half to two feet left to do on one of the seams.  We'll just have to wait for things to dry out and finish up the touchups on the relatively nice weekend that we are supposed to have.

Why do I tell you this?  It's because there is a chance I might go missing again until this stupid thing is finished.  So consider yourself warned.  However, since I was missing for a week and there wasn't any sort of uprising while I was away I think I'm fairly sure no one really cares.  =)

Ok, so on to this week's genius.  This week's genius comes to us from my sistah from another mother (I seem to have found a lot of those since I entered bloggy land) Lisa Brandel of both The Widow Lady and Art And The Human Condition.

Lisa had posted this mugshot and article on my FB wall saying that it was not only one of the best mugshots she'd ever seen, but also one of the best closing lines of any article she's ever seen.  She couldn't be more right.

:: Warning ::  Since most of you have the same sense of humor as I do, it's highly advisable that you be sitting down and clear your breathing passages of any food or drink prior to actually reading the article.  After this patio roof...I can't afford hospital bills or to replace any equipment that gets mucked up or shorted out.


As always, you be the judge.

Jewell  =)  xo

No comments: