Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And so...been running a bit ragged

For those of you that might not be friends with me on Facebook or who regularly email me, you might be unaware that I've been running myself a bit ragged as of late.

With the poking and prodding of friends and loved ones who like my photography, I've decided to make a run at making it a business venture.  Honestly, I don't know how it will go or if it will go at all, but the truth of it is that I will never know if it will work if I don't try....so try it out I am.

I would appreciate some pimping on my behalf for those of you that might be interested in helping this to take off.

I currently have a site set up on RedBubble.com where people can buy matted prints, laminated prints, mounted prints, canvas prints and framed prints.  Here's a slideshow for my account there for your viewing pleasure!  =)


If you would like to use this or a smaller version on your site to pimp me out to your friends and family click the "Contact Jewell" link on the right side of the page under the search box to send me an email and I will be happy to send you the code to use.

I have also set up a Facebook page under LensTripping Photography.  I would appreciate it if you would like the page and share the page with friends and family.  My RedBubble.com account is linked to this page, so anytime that I upload new photos for sale it posts them to the page so you can keep up with what's available.

I am currently working on setting up an account at another site that will allow people to purchase my photos on things like cards and coffee mugs.  And....if that's not nearly enough, I am working on setting up a photography blog that is specific to the trips that we take and that share some of the stories behind the places that we visit.

So...that's what I've been up to.  I am open to ideas for how to go about promoting my site to make my dream a reality, and everyone's thoughts are welcome.  Though keep in mind the cheaper on my pocket book the better because I'm doing this by the shoestring of my hiking boots and I'm running out of string to play with!  =)

One thing to keep in mind though, while this is a dream come true if it all works as I hope, I absolutely believe in giving back.  So, with any and every sale I make, a portion of all profits will be sent to a charity of choice each month.  Despite moments that might seem tough or stressful for me, I am blessed overall, and sometimes overly aware there are others who aren't as blessed or to the same extent.  Keeping that in mind I want to do my part to help others.

Ok...so back to work...stay out of trouble.  Funny will return tomorrow!  =)  Promise!

Jewell  =)  xo

No comments: