Monday, May 30, 2011

Maybe I'm getting told, but....

Ok...so maybe I'm getting old.  And maybe my bones creak a little more than I admit out loud.  And maybe my memory doesn't work quite the way it once did.  BUT...I don't remember games of tag being a full on bodily assault.  I mean really people?  Your love is a little painful!  =)

Ok, so I hear your brains creaking around trying to figure out what the fuck I am talking about, and considering the simple possibility that maybe, just maybe I might have the earliest known case of onset dementia.  However, I promise, sorta, that I am not so much in full control of my faculties.  I said f-a-c-u-l-t-i-e-s, people, not f-e-c-e-s!  Geez, give me some credit!

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I'm getting there.

So anyway, games of tag.

When I was a kid, no one wanted to play tag with me.  There was generally 2 schools of thought behind this.

1 - Not popular.  Even a little bit.  Give me a swing = happy girl.  Even at a young age people pissed me off.

2 - People tended to get pissed off because, while not popular, my gangly legs were quick!  I was a gazelle.  Except not as coordinated.  I was cheetah-esque in my speed.  Except not as graceful.  Well, you get the idea.  Nobody liked playing tag because they could never get the tagger back.

All of these years, I thought for sure I had beat the system.  I've been Queen of the hill that was the game of tag.  For centuries.  Sorta.  Not so much.  Well, maybe.  It sure feels that way!

And then, it seems recently that there was a conspiracy to gang tag me in a Meme. Which is whole-heartedly unfair.  And as tag Queen I am so pouting right now.

The first assault, was a sneaky one.  I was tripped ever so covertly by my Aussie buddy Alan over at Tbaoo.  He did a blanket tag of everyone on his blog roll so he could shirk responsibility for picking a certain number of people to tag.  It took me refreshing his page 3 times before I realized I was on his blog roll. Dammit, I think I sprained my finger.

So, just as I regain my footing and splinter my finger, I feel a sharp tug on my new locks.  I whip around to see who it was, and I see Michele over at BodaciousBoomer scooting her shrinking behind away from me.  Apparently, hair pulling is her kind of tag.  I may need to warn her husband about this.

And then, there was SJ over at almostthere.  I was so happy to see her, until I noticed that she wasn't looking where she was going and she tripped over a log and plowed into me full force.  I guess it's a good thing she hit me instead of the ground though.  She wasn't wearing her helmet again.  BUT she left bruises people! (commence mini violin playing - in....3....2.....)

So I've been tagged 3 times in the last week, and I have the sprained finger, missing hair, and bruises to prove it.

So now it's my turn...and my rules.  So sit down and listen up, because I'll be damned if I'm going through this 3 separate times!  HA!

Rule #1 - No Tag Backs  Ehm.  Did I mention.  Neener! Neener! Neener! Pfffffft!
Rule #2 - I'm changing the number of people I'm tagging
Rule #3 - Answer questions...ugh!  There were 2 different sets of questions.  I am only answering one, but I will post the one that I don't answer as well so you people can pick which ones you like better.

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Nothing.  All of the things that I've experienced have made me who I am today.  I'm fairly happy with the way I've turned out, and look forward to finding out who I'll become.

What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality?
Ugh!  I got nothing for this.  I don't watch enough fictional programs to be able to come up with anything. 

If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?
I think the answer to this pretty well varies from day to day.  However, if I had a person in mind, why would I mention it publicly?  Come on!  If I said who it was then I'd never get them to the cliff when I needed to "stretch".

Name one habit you want to change in yourself.
My smoking.

Describe yourself in one word.
Eager.

Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word.
(Since I was tagged 3 times I'll do one for each)
Tbaoo...conundrum
BodaciousBoomer...huggable
SJ...loving

In one sentence, why do you blog?
To make myself and others laugh, find joy in the oddities and the everyday, to challenge myself at making people laugh, and, surprisingly, to make friends.

Here are the questions from the other tag....(requires 8 people be tagged)

     Who’s listed at #1?

     Say something about #5

     How did you get to know #3?

     How about #4?

     Leave a message for #6

     Have a lovey-dovey message for #2?

    Do #7 and #8 have similarities?

Now, for the poor unsuspecting suckers that I'm tagging....Muwahahahahaha!  Don't embarrass me!  *snort*

Cheryl at The Art of Being Conflicted
Lola at Lola is 40
Asha at Random Ramblings of an Agnostic Mom
SciFi Chick at Bacon and Eggs
Annie at the day after yesterday
Clare at Yes, his name is Gary!

So...carry on, while I resume my place in my well worn recliner atop tag hill, and nurse my tagged and broken body back to some semblance of mobility.  Hey!  Who took the ice pack?  SJ!!!!!!!!!!  *wink*

Jewell  =)  xo

No comments: