Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Fucking Pissed

Want to know why?  Good, because this whole post is going to tell you why with liberal bouts of the F-word.  Love it or leave it.

1....because this was supposed to be the start of a good week of posts for me talking about my business trip and making you people laugh so hard that you maybe cracked a couple ribs (ok...that part might be a bad side effect, but they say that laughter is the best medicine)

2....double bonus Osama Bin Laden = Dead! Dead! Dead!

3....I'm so mother fucking mad it's keeping me up and seriously shitting all over what little beauty sleep I can manage to get my hands on during the night.  Oh Boy!  Happy day tomorrow!

4....a guy I went to high school with, and reconnected with on Facebook, managed to push one of the very few fucking "make my head spin like Linda Blair in the Exorcist pissed" buttons that I possess tonight.

So, now, because my brain is ranting at the pace of light speed, I'm having to start my week of funny shit about the trip with this rant that won't let me sleep and, in the process, taking the chance at scaring off or pissing off, probably half of the people that follow me.

One of my long standing rules....stay off politics.  Why?  Really?  Because isn't this world fucked up enough already because of politics and politicians?  Unless some politician somewhere, did or said something enormously fucked up to make it into any number of my posts on this site I don't talk about it.  And really, even this isn't about politics per se.  Or maybe it is. Maybe it's more along the lines of people holding onto their politics so fucking hard they could strangle an Ox into post mortem with them.

This brings me back to my HS buddy.  He's a staunch Democrat.  Staunch to the point that he'll bend over and spread his butt cheeks to anyone with a sexy wink and the same opinion as his.  He sees everything through and nothing past his political blinders.

Ok...so fine.  He's a Democrat.  Good for him. 

Me?  I am independent to the point that my teeth hurt when someone that gung-ho builds altars and sings praises regardless of whether their politician or religion of choice is right or wrong.  I am an independent woman with my own mind and my own opinions.  I make up my own damned mind on what the facts of a situation are.  My mother raised me to have common sense, and I'm good at using it on a regular basis (practice makes perfect you know).  However, politics be damned....truth is what reigns supreme in my mind. I don't care what political party someone is with, if you can't tell me the fucking truth get the fuck off my television, off my phone, and out of my mailbox.  I don't care whether you fuck a donkey or an elephant for your profession, if you can't tell me the fucking truth there is someone else out there who's more than happy to take my vote.

Politics in this country has become, for me, a game of Russian Roulette.  Pick a candidate and hope that he/she doesn't fuck this country up any more than it already is, that they do right by our military, our teachers, our law enforcement and first responders.  Oh!  And by the way?  If you could help in not making the citizens of the beautiful U.S. of A. look like a bunch of rabid, back water, cave people that don't have a functioning brain cell between the 300+ million of them, to the rest of the world, that'd be genius of you!

So, of course, tonight the POTUS was to step up to the podium (seriously Dude...quite bouncing your hands on the podium when you are speaking...it's fucking irritating and bad speaking skills) to tell the tale of Osama's glorious demise. However, I got pissed off having to wait, so I posted this to my Facebook status as I sat here impatiently...

"Gotta love how politicians can't keep an appointment for "important news" that's a "big deal", but can always show up in time when it affects the amount of money in their coffers. Politicians are f***** idiots"

All Presidents at one point or another in their term have kept the public waiting to hear about something important, that, by the time the POTUS gets around to talking about the big news the news outlets have already broke the story.  (Can we say that no White House can keep a secret to save it's life?)  Obama is no better or worse at this than any of his predecessors.

However, this is part of the conversation that ensued.....

     HS Buddy: Pretty sure he was making sure it was confirmed...

(edited for my brain fart)
 
     Me: Make that he's been dead a week they were waiting for DNA confirmation

     HS Buddy: I think he just said they carried out the operation today

     Me: He lied. Trust me.

     HS Buddy: Sigh...

     Me: ?

Now for those of you that don't know my HS Buddy...let me interpret. 

    Sigh...could be interpreted the following ways...
      1) there goes another one dissin' the guy because he's black
      2) she's another stupid Republican
      3) she's a tea partier
      4) she watches Fox News
      5) all of the above

Now this guy, knows the me from High School.  He knows nothing about me now.  Has never talked politics with me (or anyone that I've been a party to seeing) as if he gave a rat's hairy ass what I (or they) had to say.  Has never once inquired into what I do for a living.  Has never asked my opinion on any subject that could be considered a hot topic (i.e. gay rights, women in the military, racial issues, immigration, etc).  Why do I know that this is how his "sigh" can be interpreted?  Because I watched him violently lambast people that he considered "friends" regularly during the Presidential campaign.  Never once, conceding that someone other than him might have a valid political thought or view.  And when he couldn't turn them to his way of thinking the next thing you would see on his Facebook status was "Another one bites the dust".  Awesome!  It's so good to see that friendship and an open mind comes a distant second or third to your political ideology.


Yes, I said the POTUS lied about the operation being today.  Why?  Because I had facts to prove otherwise.  I don't speak out of my ass.  (Mainly because the whistle it produces is nails on a chalkboard style of irritating.)  My work, my job, my current lot in life is to make sure that I have as many of the facts (all sides whether I like them or not) as I can possibly gather and then make those facts available where needed.  But, instead, HS Buddy sighs his assumptions about me, my mental capacity and my non-existant political leanings.

So...here's the button that got pushed (in case you haven't already pieced it together)...

What the fuck is with people?  Why has the mentality spread so far and wide that "my way or find the fucking highway" is the only way to go?  People in this country routinely scream the rafters off a roof about freedom of expression and the first amendment.  Fine!  Good!  But who the fuck are you to assume, disrespect, or degrade my opinion as being any less important, any less valid, or just fucking plain less than yours?

Making assumptions piss me off.  "Put on your listening ears" as Judge Judy has been known to say.  Someone might actually say something that you can agree with, even if only a little a bit.  And, oh, holy hell!  Maybe you could learn something new that you didn't know or consider before.  But don't EVER disrespect me by make assumptions about me, my character, my morals, my ethics, or my ability to have a clear and concise thought that wasn't fed to me blindfolded and wrapped to resemble a bullshit burrito.  It pisses me off! 

There is an old maxim, that once upon a time might have actually been a quote that has, since, been beaten into what we know today, that says .... "There is always two sides to every story and then there's the truth."

People seem to forget that.  

Fuck!  Back to the funny later this afternoon.

Jewell  =) xo

9 comments:

alejandro guzman said...

did you say something? I hd my head buried in my ass lol

Love you babe

A

YogaSavy said...

Stopped by but not long enough to leave a comment because I could feel the heat and thought it wise to show my presence....! Politics and Money two subjects I tend to stay away from unless I am in good friendly company!

Mike Caines said...

Independant thinking is becoming a lost art. I agree with your way of looking at the world--take everything with a grain of thought, then form your own opinion.

hansi said...

Wow...That was a good one. Bet ya slept well after letting that one out. Loved 'digitus imputicus' (the impudent finger) graphic. Some times a mere hand gesture can say more than words.

Jewell said...

lol A...had your butt earmuffs on again? Love you back! =)

Awww...Miss Savy. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Yeah, there was plenty of heat this morning and I wasn't going to get any sleep until I wrote it out of my head. In the end though, it was more about respect and assumptions than about politics directly. Love you girlie! xo

Mike...thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love new visitors! =) Anymore, there is very little that can be taken at face value because the spin put on any topic by either side can make you feel like you are in a centrifuge. =)

Hansi...thank you, sir! I felt much, much better once I got it out of my head. =) Sleep came fast and easy after I was through. =) You are right 'digitus imputicus' can definitely convey much. However, if all my angry rants could be conveyed with only that, I'd never get any typing done! =)

KatieSue said...

Well said. I'd say send him a copy, but I'm positive it would do NO good...

Jewell said...

Welcome KatieSue! Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a comment. I appreciate it. You are right. It would do NO good to send him this. In fact, if there is one thing that I know, his next Facebook status would be "Another one bites the dust" =)

Cheryl said...

I was running out the door this morning when I took the minute or so to read your post. I have been thinking about you all afternoon and NOW I AM BACK. I love that some people are so concise that they can wrap up a response in two sentences.Truly I respect that unfortunately that is NOT ME.

I am so with you on this post, so no doubt I will be typing a second edition post rant.

What the hell? Sigh??? This is why I hate Twitter and Facebook and about 50 percent of the time email. When people make an assumption of what I mean or might mean and shoot back something that I have no way to interpret.

I am a type A personality. I react! I might investigate, research, stand back and listen but I will form my own opinion. That doesn't make my opinion wrong or right but it is MY OPINION.


And so do you, my friend, Jewell. If you and I ever are at polar opposites on anything, I will still try to be respectful of your point of view and I already know that is true about you.

One more thing. I wish I had started a drinking game with this post. If I got to drink for every time you said piss or fuck, I would be drunk now. Too, bad about the alcohol intolerance thing, that I've got.

Jewell said...

LOL Cheryl! I would love to see a follow-up post rant by you. =)

My thing is that I can be friends with someone despite their religious or political beliefs. I don't base whether I like someone on those criteria because there is so much more to a person that is valuable than just those aspects of them. I don't have to agree with you, but I can still love or like you.

((( Cheryl ))) I laughed my ass off at the 2nd to last sentence. There's not a doubt in my mind...if someone were to use the vulgarity of my vocabulary as a drinking game most everyone would be toasted! =) Too damned funny! Thanks for the laugh my friend! =)