Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I got nuthin....

Ok...so I am having one of those days where I am worn out and my brain has pretty well just shut off.  So, you lucky lovelies get subjected to some recent photography. 

The husband was suffering from cabin fever this weekend (ironically in the middle of a load of laundry).  It was Sunday and it was hotter and windier than it's been yet this year.  Because I'm easy to persuade into procrastinating, and because my picture taking finger is itching to get back out and take shots, I folded like a house of cards.

I'm not overly happy with any of these, not that where we ended up was a very photographic place to begin with, but I am sharing them with you anyway. 

Feedback always welcome (good or bad)....

First two are the same shot...one in color and one in black and white.  Neither of them makes me happy, but I think the black and white version is the one I prefer.

Pic 1 - I had high hopes for this picture on the way home...unfortunately it disappointed me....

Pic 2 - Ok...so this version makes me happier, but not happy enough!

Pic 3 - a bridge over a dry creek bed, and what little green I could find on the trail

Pic 4 - This is a bed of moss that was at the base of a tree.  Moss fascinates me because it comes in so many shades and textures.  This one looks almost like a bed of fluffy feathers...

Pic 5 - same tree base, different section of moss with grass, and some fallen bark sitting on the pillow of moss

So there ya have it! =)  I'm ready for the trees to get some leaves so I can head out and get some scenery pictures without the nekkid trees...  =)

Jewell  =)  xo

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think you are being hard on yourself. I hav a real thing for barn pictures. I like both the color and the black and white of the barn.

I am trying to get better at photography so I am a work in progress. Just one more things to add to my list.

Grumpy Taylor Hicks said...

Nice to finally see some green sprouting up. I went fishing over the weekend, but I really don't trust myself to bring a camera within 50 yards of water.

Jewell said...

Cheryl...thanks...I'm glad you enjoyed them. =) I'm a work in progress as well...it's a dream to make a living at my pictures, but in the meantime I'm just happy to get out and play photographer. Sometimes I even get a good shot or two. =)

GTH...I know right? I'm ready for spring to spring already! I can't blame you though...I'm not entirely sure I would trust myself very close to water either! I tend to be a bit clutzy, and that would about the time my clutz gene would kick in! =)

alejandro guzman said...

Ok Julie, you need to give your house a paint job and try weed kill in the backyard.. Other than that, nice piccies..

A

Jewell said...

Har Har! =-p Maybe I could get that sort of thing done if my husband wasn't corrupting me into leaving the house to take pictures and hike about in the wind and heat =)

Ron said...

I like the photos...I like seeing spring again.

Nice work kiddo ;)

hansi said...

The black n white is by far the strongest photo in my opinion. Captures and old-time feel to and old building. Subtle.

Jewell said...

Ron...I know - tell me about it! I'm ready for the green trees, even if it means that my allergies are gonna kick my ass! =)

Hansi...thanks for the opinion! =) I think that might be why I like it better in black and white too...

SJ said...

I like them all but I have a thing for B&W, there's something striking about a photo when you stripe the colour from it and you get the old worldy feel.

Next time I want button photo's so take close ups of the ironing :P

Jewell said...

SJ...thanks for going back and digging around the posts. =) I meant to tell you about this one because there was a log in the barn pic, and I know your "affinity"! =) LOL =)