Thursday, March 24, 2011

I've bounced about again!!

Hello my lovelies.  I've had a bit of a rough time of it this week.  My mom's birthday was this week, and I wasn't dealing well with my loss of her.  Most of Tuesday (her birthday) was spent in an enormous weepy rut.  It's part of the reason why I missed out on my Media Hilarity post on Wednesday.  For this I apologize...I promise to make up for it next week.

In order to get past and work through all the stuff that was roiling around in my head I had to type it out.  It resulted in a mountain of kleenex, and a letter to my mom.

I emailed the letter to my beautiful friend sister Lisa over at The Widow Lady.  Her beautiful, educational, supportive, loving blog is a soft place for her readers to fall who grieve the loss of loved ones.  I wasn't sure she wanted the letter or that she would want to share it.  She is sharing my letter today on her blog.  If you would like to read my letter to my mom, I invite you over to Lisa's blog to check it out. 

Back to my Friday Moment tomorrow, and the funny next week!

Jewell  =)  xo

11 comments:

Widow_Lady302 said...

You did an amazing job, Jews! I'm proud of you and I know the letter wasn't an easy one to write. I hope that even in a small way it helped you through the rough patch. The second year is always worse darl'n. By the second people expect us to have "healed" and the support isn't there as much. Also, the first year is so full of shock our emotions aren't even real to us...It never goes away, but it does get better. I love you <3

Jewell said...

Thanks Lis. It wasn't easy, but not sitting down and getting it out of my head would have been worse, regardless of whether or not it ended up here or on your site. =) I love you too! =) <3

Bodacious Boomer said...

Sorry you were down with the weepies kiddo. Been there done that for the same reason.

Asha said...

What a beautiful post...even when you declared bitchdom on you know who. I know your mom was (is) proud of you. How could she not be? After all you, my friend, are mother trucking Jewells.
We lost my husband grandmother last April. (I know it isn't the same but I'm trying to empathize here.) She raised him and she was like the grandmother I never had. Not a moment goes by that I don't miss her. Just writing this puts a knot in my throat and my eyes began to water.

Random Ramblings of an Agnostic Mom
http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com
Shut Up and Eat Your Food!
http://www.eatornosnack.blogspot.com

Jewell said...

Thanks BB xo

Asha...thank you so much, sweet friend! (( Asha )) Your comment means so much...thank you, you are the best! xo

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Awww, Jewell me lovely, I didn't know you had lost your mom. I lost my mom too so we are still twins that have been separated at birth!

Just popping over to read your post.

You are awesome girlie x

P.S. I am going to reply to your email but I have been in London all day and only just got back

Jewell said...

((( Annie ))) Even in the not so fun stuff we are sisters! =) You are awesome yourself woman! =) I wouldn't have a sister that wasn't! =) PS - will keep an eye open for the email! xoxo Muwah!

alejandro guzman said...

I felt your loss because she is gone but and knowing mine will leave soon and that makes me sad, I love you Julie

A

Jewell said...

((( A ))) Your girls are very lucky to have such a wonderful man in their lives!! Your mom (and dad) did good by you...cherish your time together, dear friend! I love you too! xo <3

Ron said...

A beautiful, deeply honest and revealing letter Jewell. Thank you for that post.

Jewell said...

Thank you Ron for reading the post. As for the post, there was no getting away from writing it. It was either write it and get it out of my head or spend more time crying! The latter wasn't an option for me...I already couldn't breath through my nose or see through the poofiness of my eyes... =)