Saturday night was our last smoke, the last 2 smokes in my pack got tore up and thrown in the trash. I took my stop smoking medication (herbal because the big pharma ones either didn't work or made me sick)....
It is officially day 3.
The upside is that neither of us has had a smoke....and the husband him is still alive (pretty sure he would say the same about me.)
Here are just a FEW of the sucky things about quitting smoking...
- My brain doesn't function. I mean, as in....AT ALL, not as in my usual fucked up stream of thought.
- I have also been so damned tired I tend to go cross eyed trying to read or focus for more than 2.4 seconds.
- I have been stuffing my face with anything and everything like Homer Simpson in a donut buffet...how the cats have escaped without a bite mark - beyond me....might have to do with the lack of focus past 2.4 seconds.
- My nerves apparently can hear their own independent choruses of nails, combs, wire brushes, and chalk on a chalk board. The constant zing in my never endings....could quite possibly wing you with a bolt of lightening.
- All of my braincells are screaming and crying....LOUDLY. I'm pretty sure that there is a night of the living zombies going on in there based solely on the noise level....and the whole zombie thing - might explain the whole 2.4 second attention span.
- My muscles are constantly tensing up... my zen? Yeah...doesn't exist at the moment. In fact, the proclivity toward sudden, irrational bursts of tears or violence, or both simultaneously is impending.
*sigh* .....my kind of brilliance is painful.....
Jewell =) xo