Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nicotine free - Enter At Your Own Risk

Ok...so Sunday the husband him and I got the wild hair that we were going to quit smoking............

AGAIN!  

Saturday night was our last smoke, the last 2 smokes in my pack got tore up and thrown in the trash.  I took my stop smoking medication (herbal because the big pharma ones either didn't work or made me sick).... 

It is officially day 3. 

The upside is that neither of us has had a smoke....and the husband him is still alive (pretty sure he would say the same about me.)  

Here are just a FEW of the sucky things about quitting smoking...
  1. My brain doesn't function.  I mean, as in....AT ALL, not as in my usual fucked up stream of thought.  
  2. I have also been so damned tired I tend to go cross eyed trying to read or focus for more than 2.4 seconds.
  3. I have been stuffing my face with anything and everything like Homer Simpson in a donut buffet...how the cats have escaped without a bite mark - beyond me....might have to do with the lack of focus past 2.4 seconds.
  4. My nerves apparently can hear their own independent choruses of nails, combs, wire brushes, and chalk on a chalk board.  The constant zing in my never endings....could quite possibly wing you with a bolt of lightening.
  5. All of my braincells are screaming and crying....LOUDLY.  I'm pretty sure that there is a night of the living zombies going on in there based solely on the noise level....and the whole zombie thing - might explain the whole 2.4 second attention span.
  6. My muscles are constantly tensing up... my zen?  Yeah...doesn't exist at the moment.  In fact, the proclivity toward sudden, irrational bursts of tears or violence, or both simultaneously is impending.
If all of those don't give you a sliver of an idea of what my mindset is at the moment...(and in lieu of the fact that I missed out on Mugshot Monday)....here are 3 celebrity mugshots that pretty well can give you a visual for how I'm coping with the whole quitting smoking thing....


*sigh* .....my kind of brilliance is painful.....

Jewell  =) xo

10 comments:

Widow_Lady302 said...

Oh wow..*backs out of her blog without making eyecontact or any sudden moves, whispering* Love you Jew-jew...*poof gone*

Jewell said...

Seriously Pansy, er....Lisa?! I gave you much more credit for having a bolder colored belly than yellow! Sheesh! =) LOL xo

Ron said...

Mariann quit smoking once...not by any prompting by me or anyone. She was a three pack a day person...which was very hard becuase she worked 10 hours a day in a smoke free environment. By week three, we all kept well distance from her and wore garlic around our necks. By the end of week three, I drew a cartoon for her. It was her at the Doctor's office getting an exam. In box 2, she transformed into a warewolf. In box 3, the Doctor said,"I've never seen symptoms this severe...perhaps you SHOULD smoke!"

Hang in there kiddo...I'm rooting for you :)

Bodaciousboomer said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Both my parents were heavy smokers for 30+ years. They went to the Schick center and become ex-smokers in about 10 days time if I remember correctly. (I think those centers were shut down years ago though.) I'm so glad I never started. I have an addictive personality. Keep on keeping on kiddo!

Jewell said...

Ron - LOL....while I don't smoke as much as 3 packs, but a pack and a half is more than enough. The werewolf analogy...not so far off actually! =)

BB - *blush* Thanks....here's hoping it sticks this time around!

Jenn said...

Ouch... I mean..."nice twin...stay right there...I'll be right baaaaaaaaa---"

Ok so I'm not reaslly bailing I could never do that...hopefully things start to clear up soon. Yay!! Day 3!!

Nicki said...

Good luck, Jewell! I have quit several times and I know I will do it again for good someday!! At least each time, I learn what doesn't work so I can avoid the same pitfalls next time!

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Jeez Jewell! That is bloody good going - good on ya, and don't give in. The mate I went to stay with at Christmas gave up a year and a half ago, and I asked her if she missed it, and she told me that she doesn't ever think about it any more. See! you can get there too - how cool would that be?

Also, I am going to use you as my inspiration me dear. I have tried giving up many times and have failed, but I am determined to follow in your footsteps!! mwwwaaaah .... go for it me lovely!

P.S. How did today go? xxx

Rachel Hoyt said...

If you can find it, I recommend liquid kava extract for your nerves. Put a little in a big bottle of water to sip all day and, if you're having trouble sleeping, take a shot of the full strength extract before bed. Good luck!!

Jewell said...

LOL - Jenn....you are a brave, brave (or crazy) woman =) <3 ya!

Nicki!! Welcome back! =)) Thanks for the luck.... and hope you are able to find your way to nicotine free! =)

Annie! Trust me...I look forward to getting to a point where I don't ever think about it anymore...it would be SO cool!! =)

Rachel....thanks for the tip! I have never tried kava in liquid form. I have some in gel cap form that I keep handy at all times. In fact, part of the mix in the herbal quit smoking stuff I'm using has kava in it. xo