Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just some stuff

Well, as I am sure many of you, who watch the news, might know the weather to end 2010 was a little rocky around these parts.  Tornado outbreaks all over the area and beyond.  The last count that I heard was the storms killed 7 poor souls who didn't make it into 2011. 

Lucky for us we made out well, considering.  Loads of rain, some hail, but considering Dec 30th was over 60 degrees, we got pretty lucky.

The day of Dec 31st was warm, cloudy and drizzled all day, but, to start the look forward to 2011, Mother Nature gave us some pretty sunset views.  I thought that I would share some of the shots I took to try and capture the end of 2010.





Make this year a great one!  =)

Jewell  =)  xo

7 comments:

Widow_Lady302 said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!! <3 them!

Jewell said...

Awww...thanks Lis! =) Still trying to master the sunsets...it's so hard to catch them (especially for someone that doesn't know much about photography) with the subtle change of colors... =) I keep trying though =)

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Look at you! I didn't know that you were so handy with a camera. They are great shots you talented git, you! Is that where you live? It looks lovely.

P.S. Tornados? Blimey. Nothing that exciting ever happens in England. Generally.

Jewell said...

*blush* Thanks Annie... =) Not sure how bloody handy I am with a camera....but I do try. =) Maybe someday when I've got some extra $$$ I'll enroll in a photography class...and maybe learn about things like lighting, composition, etc. =) Or maybe I'll just keep futzing around trying to find happy accidents! =)

Yeah - tornadoes...No, but I did see that the 'oop North somewhere had an earthquake. =) Of course it's not like you guys got any snow or anything this year that might make the news! =)

Ron said...

Beautiful photography dear! You have a good eye for it...and beautiful sunsets to capture...more, more! :)

Jewell said...

LOL - thanks Ron. I take that as a compliment coming from you since you have been a pro at one point in your careers. =) I've tossed the idea of photography classes around, but I tend to resist someone telling me how to do something and me trying to figure it out on my own. Problem is there is so much to learn to make photos better that I don't think I could learn it on my own. =) *shrug*

Ron said...

Jewell - I had a good run at it for 20+ years, so I learned a thing or two, but you have a good eye and good sense. You'll do fine. You are welcome to pick my brain anytime. I tought photography as well, but I didn't tell people what to do, I helped them learn the technical stuff so they could do what they wanted to do. Anytime.