Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Funny 1/14/11

Ok...so this quitting smoking thing is kinda kicking my ass, and I haven't been keeping up with the blog.  I am hoping that I'll be feeling a little more along the lines of my kind of normal by next week...

That said, I had to share this.  If those of you (in the US) haven't seen this on your local news...you need to.  I get sappy when it comes to the singing of our National Anthem.  Throw some beautiful shots of our flag and/or soldiers in with the anthem, and you might as well pass me the tissues.  Call me a sucker...I call myself patriotic.  In any case, I've seen this video multiple times and love it everytime.  It wasn't necessarily the rendition of the National Anthem, but the support of the crowd that made me sappy.  Poor thing wasn't really sure what to do, but the audience helped pull her through....LOVE - IT (but I still can't stand hockey)!!


Happy weekend everyone!

Jewell  =) xo

10 comments:

Bodaciousboomer said...

What a little trooper and such a beautiful voice. Thanks for sharing.

Jewell said...

BB - glad you liked it. =)

Ron said...

Loved it Jewell! I'm a little sappy too. Welcome back...hope you are doing well and hang in there!

Jewell said...

Thanks Ron...glad you liked it! =)

The Amused Medic said...

Hey there, maybe this isn't the best post to say, but I've been following your blog for a while n I love the way u write!.. eager 4 more, PEACE!

Jewell said...

Hi Medic!! =) Thank you for the comment...I really appreciate it! There is never a BAD time to post a comment like this. Thank you so much! It did much for my ego! =)

Annie (Lady M) x said...

I been missing you gal! But if you are still not smoking, I don't mind waiting until you have nailed it. Go gal, go! I am rooting for ya - you are nearly over the worst of it now xxx

Annie (Lady M) x said...

P.S. I agree with medic ..... I LOVE your blog. It cheers me up no end reading your funny stories!

Jenn said...

That was sweet! Thanks for sharing!!

Jewell said...

Annie...I'm still hanging in there with the stop smoking thing. Still wicked tired, but not nearly as bad as the first few days...back in the saddle for me next week. xoxox Thank you for agreeing with Medic. =) You don't know how happy it makes me to see you say that... =) You give me good blog too =) xoxox

Jenn...you are very welcome! =)