Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I hate mornings!

I am not a morning person!  In fact, I've never been able to appreciate a morning in more years than I have fingers and toes.  I believe that all alarm clocks should be removed the production.  I feel that any work before 11am by me, or anyone else, should be against the law and all violators tarred, feathered, and hung in a public square.  Waking me up in the morning before the sun even hits the horizon, could easily earn you broken bones, bloody lips, swollen eyes, and, if male, a loss of your family jewels.  Have I mentioned I am not a morning person?

Mornings like last Wednesday, when the electricians were supposed to arrive to finally get my electrical in order in the basement, are a perfect argument for my philosophy of sleeping until 11am.  Why?  Because this is what I woke up to at 7am Wednesday morning....

Bloody hell...picture perfect day for crawling back in bed and snuggling with the cats!!

One of my all time favorite time wasters is to look at 2 pictures and pick out the differences between them.  So because I'm sick, my operational brain cells are clogged up by snot, I'll let you guys look at some pictures and see if you can find the differences. (Please excuse the mess...it's all the husband him's fault.)





Ok, so if you noticed....THE ELECTRICIANS SHOWED UP!  Waaaaaaahhhh-hoooooooo!  =)
Now, Jr. did show up (about 9am after Sr had said probably 8am), with C, but he also brought E.  Call me stoked...the work was going to get done.  However, we ordered another light to be put in the drop down ceiling...Jr. forgot to stop by Sr's house to pick it up.  At one point in the afternoon, I noticed that Jr. had disappeared from the scene.  So I cornered C to asked him if he had left to go get the light.  Um....not so much.  "No, he had to go finish a siding job in (insert town about 20 mins from my house here) and he said if he got done in time he would swing by his dad's to get it and drop it off."  Can we say....Jr. is a little bitch.  Ugh!  

Upside...Jr. didn't have dick to do with my electricity (whew!), but he also didn't stick around to make "it" right.  So that light still needs to be done.  Phone boxes still need to be hooked up.  Next step?  Drywall! (hence the blocks between the studs in the walls that weren't there in the before pictures.

As for the ass chewing I was going to give Jr. about whether or not he will do the drywall....it didn't happen (dammit!!!).  The wind gets taken out of my sails when I can't see straight because I was awake at some stupid hour of the morning, but more wind was taken out when the husband him came downstairs and preemptively asked him for himself.  Shit!  Do you think he was trying to keep me out of jail or keep Jr. out of the hospital??  I haven't been able to decide which.

You should also notice that husband him took the ass ugly wallpaper that was on the one wall of the basement for me.  Here's another before after for your viewing pleasure....


However, while I was more thankful than words could ever express to see that horrible stuff off the wall, there was a bit of bad news that we weren't aware of....  Apparently the original owners had a water problem on the wall which leaked over to the outlet between the doors, and this is what husband him discovered once he removed the wallpaper....


Yep....that's an outlet box that has more than it's fair share of rust in it!  Ick!  So when Sr. called me this weekend I gave him a heads up that we are going to want that replaced.  Last thing that I need to happen is for me to take a huge shock one day when I plug in the vacuum cleaner or something.

Today?...DRYWALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

More before and afters once it's done...or maybe I'll wait till I get some paint up.  I don't know.  But dammit...I might have all the shit, that is currently strewn about my house, back in it's place by Christmas!  In the geniusness of my friend Annie....Huzzar!!  At least I think that's what I mean.  See, Annie tends to speak a different language than me.  Don't get me wrong, she's of the British persuasion, and normally you wouldn't think that there is a language barrier, but there are times I'm absolutely stumped by what she says.  =)  So, I *think* that "Huzzar!" might mean something along the lines of "Woo-hoo!"  "Yippee!"  "Hot Diggity!", but then again it could also mean "Bitch!" or maybe even "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"  I really don't have any freaking clue, but damned if I'm not excited!!!!  =)

Jewell  =) xo

3 comments:

Annie (Lady M) x said...

It is indeed a Huzzar! (you daft git!). That is brilliant news... it finally sounds like things are happening around there. Mind you, that plug socket does look incredibly dodgy - don't go plugging anything into it anytime soon. I love seeing the pics of the work in progress, so please give us some more.

P.S. I am totally with you about getting up in the morning. Mornings are the Devil's spawn. They should start at 11am every day.

Jenn said...

you have to LOVE progress!! I hope you do get it done and your stuff where you want it by Christmas! HUZZAR!!

oh btw...I hate mornings too. I think I've done my best to boycott them as much as possible and absolutely DREAD them.

Cheers, Jenn.

Jewell said...

Ahhh...I've found my morning hating minions! LOL =)

LOL Annie...I thought you might get a chuckle out of my attempt at translating "Huzzar!" =) You are right though, that plug is pretty scary. We had plugged into that socket a few times over the years we've been here (not having a clue about the rust issues) and I think we might have been luckier than we knew!

Jenn...I hope so too! =) They are down there working again today, and I have to say that I am so tired my eyes are crossing! =) Will need to get pictures when they evacuate the premises, but I danced a jig yesterday when I went downstairs to snoop and saw actual drywall up! I could have hugged and kissed them both, but, because my cold cough sounds a lot like a the cough of a car with a dead battery, they were looking at me like I'd grown additional appendages and changed my mind. =)