Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An epiphany...OW!

You know, I sat here on my couch last night staring at the TV watching as the rescue capsule went down the shaft in Chile in order to save the poor, courageous miners that have been trapped in their mine since August....69 very long days with the same men.  I was absolutely enthralled by the process, and was watching with such hope to see that they made it up safely.  Then I realized something....

"What?  That it is/was a super human interest story?  Something that movies are made about?", you ask.

Well, yeah, of course.  I mean, how can you not be amazed, constantly, at the strength of the human spirit?  But, really, that wasn't the epiphany that I had.

"Well, if that's not it, then what could you possibly have had an epiphany about?"

The fact that, at that moment, my thought was, "Goddamit....I want my basement office back up and in working order!"

"WHAT?!" I hear you squeal.

Really, please stop squealing!  You are piercing my eardrums!  Yes, that was my thought.  If my basement was back in working order so that I had a quiet place to run, spit out some pithy, yet brilliant, blog post, and run back upstairs to watch the rescue efforts.

I still haven't gotten the electrical taken care of.

Son----of----a----bitch!

The son of the guy who did our original electrical work was the one that came to get the details of what we wanted done so that he could fax us a quote. Apparently an hour of small town bullshit got me squat for my offer to throw money at them.  And all for the whining and complaining that their funds were getting thin because the electrical work that they were doing for the local Wal-Mart's weren't getting their coffers refilled fast enough.  (Apparently Wal-Mart is slow in paying their bills, and yet I never have been and my checks cleared...go figure!)  He was supposed to fax us a quote for the electrical and a seperate quote to do the drywall for us.  My hard earned dough for not only his dad's business in the electrical portion, but money in his pocket to do the drywall.  Those quotes were supposed to be there within 2 days, and work to start within 2 weeks.  I gave up counting how long it was since he'd been here at 5 weeks.

At some point the husband him called his dad to ask if they were still interested in the job because we hadn't gotten the quote.  His dad said yes that he was still interested, that he would check with his son about getting us a quote.  Nothing.  The dad called us again the other night, asked us if we'd gotten the quote yet.  Nada.  The husband him said that he sounded pretty pissed off that sonny-boy had fucked around with that, but that he would check into it and call us back in a couple days to see if we'd gotten anything.  Zilch.  Now dad is taking shit over because apparently he's finally realized that his son is a lazy, no good, fool.  All he had to do was ask me....the son was my original horseshoer when I first moved out here and he was a no good, lazy, unreliable nit-wit even back then.

So....my office still looks a lot like this....piles of lumber and the black hole of my brain!


I was hoping for having this done by Christmas...maybe by next Christmas!  Hell, at this rate I could build an entire house faster than it's taking to get work done on a measley little 500 sq ft basement.   Ooo!  Now there's a thought! 

Oh, honey!?!?!?!?!  >=-)

Jewell  =) xo

4 comments:

Doug Stephens said...

Just don't hire the son to build your house.

Jewell said...

OMG! A new stalker! =) Hi Doug! =) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! =)

As far as your comment.....not only no, but HELL NO! would Jr come anywhere close to my house that I want to build. I *shudder* at the thought!

Heck when pappa bear was here today to get the details to make his own quote I nearly bit through my tongue trying to keep some of my comments to myself! My filter that's between brain and mouth is flimsy at it's best moments! This was a true test of my mettle! =)

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Eh up Nutbag!! Sorry I haven't visited in a while.. I have been all over the place this week. Tell you what, you need to get someone else to quote... off you pop now... look up yell.com and find some chaps up your street who can do the job.

Crikey, I sounded quite authoritative then didn't I? Ummmm?

Jewell said...

LOL - authoritative? Bossy more like! =) *muwah*

Actually movement appears to be being made...his dad has taken over, has been here 2 times already, and I should have a quote much sooner than the one that never showed up from Jr =) I'm so antsy and excited to anyone peering through the windows I probably look like I'm doing the pee-pee dance! =)