Thursday, September 16, 2010

Picture Day

Ok, so I figured I'd best come up with proof that I really did get away from the computer for a few hours during our long weekend!  =)  We went to a local park that we've never been to.  They claim is over 100 acres.  Either we missed a lot of the park or 100 acres just isn't what it used to be!  =)

Unfortunately there was a lot that didn't look as good as it could have.  We went so long around here without any rain that even after we'd had a little bit everything was still looking pretty scraggly.  Or maybe the scraggly had something to do with the fact that there were a lot of garden areas that were simply overgrown and untended.  Sad really...

There were a couple of areas (a daylily garden and an iris garden) that were out of season that we might go back next spring to see...

Well here ya go...

Stop one was actually a paid area (which really could have been much more than what it was for the $ we spent)...the Japanese Garden




After that we went to a little area that they called the Butterfly House...wasn't overly impressed with that place either.  There is another place locally that is dedicated to butterflies too so maybe we can make it there to get pictures.  In the meantime though these were the better shots that I was able to get when we were in there...






Jewell  =)

6 comments:

ruairi said...

Awwwwwww. this is nice :-)

I try to avoid butterfly houses...nothing against butterflys but they are frickin' scary...

massive bugs flying at my face. Thanks but ill pass...

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Blimey, your photographs are ace! Are you some kind of undercover ninja photographer?! LOL. The park actually looks really nice in the pics, not at all overgrown or scraggly. Plus, after summer in the UK, lack of rain sounds ace (I know it is a double-edged sword but I am all rained out over here!!)

If I had a blog... said...

Post card perfect, all of htem. Glad you got out. Thanks for sharing the photos :)

Ron

CntryJewell said...

Ruairi....I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures =) Butterflies are one of the few bugs that I actually get joy from...to me there is just a grace to them that is unmatched! =)

Annie...awww - thanks. I don't know that they are "ace" exactly, but they were the best of the ones that I took. =) lmao - ninja photographer?! omg - that is hilarious!

Ron...thanks for taking the time to look at them. =) I don't know about post cards, but they were the ones I was proudest of =)

forestwalk/laura k said...

awesome pictures!! nice getaway! :)

CntryJewell said...

Thanks Laura =) I take that as a compliment coming from you! =)