Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'd like to thank.....



 YES!  I did dance around the house!  I am stupid like that!  =)  (1)

What am I talking about?  Well how in the world could you have missed it?  I've only been screaming about it from the tops of the....ok, well I've had a big dumb ass grin on my face since the big decision came down.

I WON!  (2)




You:  What?

Me:  I won!  I've never won anything!

You:  What?

Me: *taps you on the forehead*  Helloooo?  Does this thing work?  I.....Woooooonnnn!  *insert big dumb as grin*

You:  WHAT did you win, fool?

Me:  Ok, I don't think name calling is necessary.  Don't piss in my cereal...it's rude!

You:  You better tell me what you won or I'll take your cereal altogether, close my browser window, and leave you here stewing in your super uber stupid weirdness.

Me:  *mumbles something about you being a big jerk face*

Ok, well since you don't seem to be able to translate my excitement appropriately I guess I'll have to spell it all out for you!  Geez!

My friend Annie (3) at the day after yesterday decided to have a caption contest recently for a photo that she took while she was acting like a heathen on her most recent holiday.  Click here to see the hilarious photo, and scroll through the comments on the post to see all the submissions.

Well, because Miss Annie apparently has a knack for getting herself into situations, she managed, in this instance, to get herself in the position of having to pick a winner.  This seems to have caused her great amounts of distress so she called on her friends Sophie and Brennig at Brennig Jones (and friends) to do all the heavy lifting.

So the long and short of it is that they picked one of the captions that I submitted for the photo!  Thank you Sophie and Brennig!  Thank you Annie for listening to Sophie and Brennig and not changing their choice for them at the last minute! =)

Of course, one of the drawbacks to actually winning the contest is that Annie wanted me to submit some answers to a questionnaire for her to feature my little slice of insanity.  =)  Click here to read the post that contains my questionnaire.  =)  Maybe you'll learn something new about me.  Or maybe it will just confirm that I am as lame and crazy as I seem here.  =)  Either way have fun - because my friend Annie said my answers were "super-cool", so it has to be true!  She wouldn't lie to me!  *snicker*  =)



(1) - It was some seriously ugly shit.  The result of which caused the husband him enough embarrassment he pulled his hat down over his eyes and the cats chose to run and hide under the bed.  Be glad none of you were victim enough to witness this circa-1980's dance off of one.

(2) - Yes people...I really am this lame and my life truly is this boring!!  I have no life - get used to it!!!  =-p

(3) - And yes, because she bestowed this honor on me she is now officially my friend.  Of course, I'm pretty sure at this moment she is in the process of swearing out the British equivalent of restraining order so that the crazy American lady can't get within 500 ft of her, her daughter, and her crazy little dog too.  *snort*  =)

Cheers (and no not the TV show)!

Jewell  =)

10 comments:

Felinae said...

Congratulations!!
hehehe, that was a good caption. :D
Loved, loved, loved the answers to the questionnaire.

Congrats again!
Hugs~Fel~
(who always dances around the house by herself)

CntryJewell said...

LOL Thanks Fel =) xoxo

Jenn said...

Jewell...
Did anyone ever tell you: You're a trip!!
Those answers cracked me up.
(I'm soooo 80's aren't I)
Peachy!
And Congrats Lady!!
Loved the quote and the answers to the questionaire and you deserved to win!
Cheers, Jenn.

If I had a blog... said...

Congratulations Jewell

You captured the moment in the caption perfectly. Greta interview as well :)

Ron

Brahm (alfred lives here) said...

Congrats again on your big win.

And did I mention... I WUZ ROBBED!

Okay Okay yours was funny too!

Maybe the funniest...

Mrsblogalot said...

HAAAA!! Did you just call me a big jerk face? (-:

You crack me up!

And congratulations. That caption was awesome!!!

CntryJewell said...

Jenn! =) No...I absolutely have never tripped anyone! LOL Ok, no, I don't think that anyone has ever told me that *I* am a trip...you just might be the first. So, thank you! =)

Thank you Ron! Nice to see that you've come out of hiding. =)

Brahm LOL - thank you! I would like to say that yours rocked too! =) But...I still won...nahner =-p *snicker*

MrsBlogAlot...*blinks innocently* I don't have the slightest idea what you are referring to! *snort* Thank you and thank you for visiting and commenting! I appreciate it!

forestwalk/laura k said...

congrats to the winner! your caption was perfect!

and the interview was good reading too! funny stuff...keep it up... :]

CntryJewell said...

Thanks Laura =) Glad you enjoyed! =)

Annie (Lady M) x said...

You crack me up Jewell - you are a proper mentalist ..... truly worthy of being a friend!! Poor Brahm, I think he's a bit traumatised about not winnning *wink*!