When I was growing up the ice cream truck was a regular fixture in my neighborhood every summer! (1)
You know the one...the one you could hear coming from a 1/2 a mile away because of that surprisingly loud loud speaker. (2)
The same truck that had so many stickers on it that the choices caused brain cells to implode upon visual impact!!! (3) I mean really....how's a kid supposed to be able to make a choice like that with $.75 dripping with a parent's blood in their fist, and no viable parent left standing? (4)
Now the potential financial cost of her indiscretion? $500.00. Seriously? The chances of her even MAKING $500.00 (at $.50 per cup) would have been a miracle.... *shakes head*
I have made mention before about the severe lack of common sense going on in the world today. However, I'm beginning to wonder if this very thing (5) might not be, at least, part of the problem with government and politicians today. Maybe if politicians and governments just went out shopping for some common sense then maybe there would be less instances where they needed to turn around, hat in hand, and apologize for being stupid. Hell, you idiot politician types...shut up, fork over $.50, have a glass of lemonade, and a smile. You'll be surprised how it changes your outlook on things! =)
(1) - Ok, so I am dating myself with that reference. You gots a problem with that?! =-p
(2) - Yeah - it would be the same one that turned every kid in the neighborhood into an organized angry mob, the likes of which Stephen King couldn't begin to comprehend. It's the same one that left every parent looking like they've just been beaten, robbed, and tortured by a hundred little freak tornadoes.
(3) - Just for the record...the only choice for me (EVER) were the orange push-ups! Num yummy! =)
(4) - Because the parents are busy wrapping tourniquets, pasting down butterfly bandages, bathing in hydrogen peroxide, and sitting on hold with 911!
(5) - Ummm......common sense in case you were feeling lost and confused =)
Common sensically yours