Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Men just don't get it....

Ok...so men just don't get us women!  It's just a fact of life!  There's nothing saying it's right or wrong...it just...is!  Really it can be boiled down to two basic principles in my mind:
         -- Women typically see men as being stupid, vapid, and contradictory
         --  Men typically see women as being vapid, contradictory, and flighty

Yet we always end up attracted to one another in one capacity or another.  Attracted for reasons that scientists have wasted more money than I know how to count trying to figure it out claim to have figured out and yet most likely haven't even come close to understanding. 


One thing though that men will never quit get a handle on is the idea of romance aspect of things.....(1)  There is a HUGE reason why soap operas and romantic comedies will always survive a ratings race.
1. - It isn't be cause we are flighty or vapid (2) but because on the screen we see what we wish our world could be.  The body that we have never had, never will have, couldn't diet, surgify (3), beg, borrow, or steal.
2. - On the screen we also see the lover who's body parts don't resemble an beer keg with morning breath, an ass crack that dwindles the size of the Grand Canyon, itches in places no human should be able to reach, and stubble so long he starts to resemble a Yorkie.

Frankly, real life is just not on-screen romantic - EVER!  So, as a woman who can clearly relate in some form or another to everything I've described above, when I saw this commercial...the guffaw (4) of laughter was completely, insanely, and utterly inevitable!!  Enjoy!


(1) - I just heard some of my male readers croak at the mere mention of the word....so sad!

(2) - I pride myself on being contradictory - as the husband him can attest to - so, as a compromise, I chose to leave that one in for argument's sake.  =)

(3) - YES! That is a new word...suck it...it works!

(4) - And yes...guffawing - unsexy AND unromantic!  I rest my case!

Realistically and unromantically yours,

Jewell  =) 

7 comments:

Felinae said...

LOL!! I cracked up laughing the first time I ever saw that commercial. I love it!

Well, you know that I am a hopeless romantic; I still hold out hope for the big screen, romance book moment. I've been hoping for along time and will probably continue to hope into eternity.

Oh well, it is good to have an imagination. ;)

Hugs~Fel~

Ron said...

I have seen that commercial waaay too many times, and although I agree with your outcome, I argue your premise (don't beat me please???).

Men and women are indeed different and respond differently in any given circumstance...but we (men)are trainable and capable of recognising the value of a relationship. As big a bafoon as I am capable of being (I defer to Red Green "I'm a man...but I can change if I have to...I guess"), I had an incredible relationship with my wife for more than 2 decades...and she was my best friend before and during our relationship.

Perhaps I was her "Husband Him", but there was always balance...romantially and otherwise. Perhaps not the norm, but we were solid partners every step of the way up to and including my quitting work to stay home and care for her 24/7 until she passed from cancer.

Yah, leave it to me to all of a sudden get serious on YOUR blog...in you defense...she commanly referred to me as her favorite "special" child.

Be well,
Ron

CntryJewell said...

LOL Fel - You are a hopeless Disney style romantic! =) I don't know how you keep it up! =) LOL

(( Ron )) I think I would have liked your wife just fine! hahaha =)

Kathy said...

Excellent post. Your assessment is spot on. That commercial makes me laugh every single time I see it.

CntryJewell said...

(( Kathy )) Thanks....it cracks me up too! =) Ironically, the husband him never has....hmmm =)

Jewell

Jenn said...

If points 1 and 2 above weren't funny enough...my iced tea traversed through my nostrils watching that commercial, and quite suddenly I might add too! HA HA!!
Great Stuff here! Jenn.

CntryJewell said...

{{ Jenn }} lmao - SCOOOOOOORE! I finally got my first admission that someone blew their drink out their nose! LOL Glad you enjoyed the post! =) hehe

Jewell