Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The insanity of it all!! *overly dramatic wrist to forehead*

You know, there are things that I come across in the news, either in my every day work routine or because I signed up for stuff to keep me entertained over the years (1) that just make me want to crawl under a rock and pretend that I am not human.  Really, a lot of what I see in the media just isn't right on any level.

This past week was no different.  The complete and utter shock that I experienced from reading an article was unavoidable. (2)  Please allow me the privilege of, once again, bemoaning the idea that politicians are, at their very essence, stupid. (3) Now I know that I have hinted (4) that I have no love lost for politicians...most notably in this post and I might have displayed some level of keen discontent with them in this post(5)  Until now though? Not so much any real appreciation for the scope of the idiocy required to become a politician.  These people seriously have gone a little too far this time around.  Don't our first responders have enough to deal with on a daily basis than to deal with idiot politicians like the ones in Belfair, WA?  Here is a quote of the first 2 lines of the article.

Belfair’s water district has padlocked the area’s fire hydrants — a move its manager says is necessary to cut down on water theft.


That hasn’t sat well with the personnel in the fire district. The chief says his department wasn’t informed of the change, nor was he given keys to open the hydrants during a fire.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!  So, apparently, if you live in Belfair, WA, the politics there don't include allowing your house, family or pets the chance to escape a F---I---R---E!  Hello?! You fucking idiots!  *pant, pant, pant*  You have to read the rest of the article....if I copy and paste any more of it I just might spontaneously combust. (6)

Honestly, by the time I got done reading this article, I had this song ringing through my head - ENJOY!  =)


In other news of the insane...it might not be advisable for bloggers to move to Philadelphia either.  Apparently there is a big heaping load of bat-shit crazy politician work being done there too....UGH!  (Thanks (?) to SciFi Chick for the link to this one.)



(1) - Or because I have sick, twisted, not-right-in-the-head friends....  O_o  You know who you people are!!! 

(2) - So unavoidable,  so earth shatteringly surprising that I was unable to find any picture to properly convey exactly how dumbfounded I was at the story being told.  Please....those faint of heart....don't look at the article...save yourselves now!!  RUN!

(3) - Not that you really could not allow me to bemoan anything because, well, it is my blog and I have world domination here, and all of you are nothing more than my minions for my amusement.  *eh-hem*  Or something like that...annnny-who!  *whistles innocently while backing quietly away from the masses*

(4) - Yes...I did say "hinted"!  Problem with my choice of tense??  Well stick it!  =-p

(5) - Ok, so TECHnically I might have kinda, sorta, maybe yelled at them (just a little) - but that's merely semantics.  I mean, you get the gist of what I'm trying to say here, right?  No?  Hmm....  Ok, well then, tough, because I'll be damned if I'm going to hold your hand through the warped twists and turns that are my brain! I mean, REALLY!  Some people's children!  *shakes head*

(6) - And then what would you all do without me to bring levity to your day?   Continue on like I never deigned grace your computer monitor?  Yeah - that's what I figured!  You ungrateful stalkers!  Harumphhhhhhh!  

Time to get fitted for a new "jacket"  =-p

Jewell  =)
 

5 comments:

If I had a blog... said...

Hey Jewell - I have to admit I had to read this post in 2 trips...the first time my tiny brain imploded at the stupidity of the folks you wrote about. I don't know what to say, and I can't improve on your commentary. ZOIKS! Finding good people to run for public office is difficult because ALL of the idiots have taken cuts in line.

Sheesh!

Be well,
Ron

CntryJewell said...

I know, right? I couldn't believe it when I read it. I even had to read it out loud to the husband him.... Dumbfounded. Flabbergasted. I'm not so sure that the English language has a word that covers the experience...

Jenn said...

Jewell...you have found two great examples of stupidity! Kudos to you for making my head spin.

My reactions:

Thank goodness I don't live in Belfair, WA or I might be forced to dig a well to spite those people.

And...the way I read story #2 is...it is like Philly is charging for writing...which is a form of speech...which is supposed to be FREE under Amendment 1 of the Constitution. I am sure...there would be an angle there to fight that...but the real OH WOW factor there is...that they'd have to fight it in the first place.

I am thinking that my jacket may need refitted as well.

Cheers, Jenn

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Blimey, some people (politicians!!- couldn't agree more) are as thick as pig shit! Locking the fire hydrants!

OMG.... it seems that they are also pursuing Bloggers... that is a bad sign... what happens in the US normally ends up the UK!

CntryJewell said...

Jenn...well head spinning is a perk actually. I was more aiming for a banging the head on the desk actually! =) Let me turn around and you can check the fit on my jacket and I'll check yours! =)

Annie =) You cracked my ass up! "thick as pig shit!" lmfao I could never have come up with something so perfect to describe politicians! I reserve the right to use that in future posts! =) LOL