Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hades is a vacation

Ok..I said it!  Hell is cooler than here.  Seriously!  (1)  Oh....and don't pray for any rain because Mother Nature will taunt you mercilessly.  For example, I decided a new picture post would be in order...

This is what Mother Nature does to those who wish and pray (2) for her to share the bounty of rain in the area.

Yeah...she puts it where you can see it.  Not only does she put it where you can see it, but you can hear it and smell it too, and still you get bub-kiss. (3)

So because miss all high and mighty (4) puts all of the rain on either side of me but not actually ON me....I'm melting (5).

Even the guard dog extraordinaire is wilting....


...the poor stinky dog!  She hates water (6) and yet I keep hitting her with the hose to try and keep her cool.  When it's 100+ in the shade even the dog has problems.

Not to mention the fact that my yard?  You know the one?  The one that looked like this not so long ago....


....now looks like one big blanket of this.....


*sigh*  The husband him says I should be doing a naked rain dance in the back yard.  Since it's been close to 2 months since we've seen any rain at all.........................................................yeah - still not gonna happen!


(1) - When the little man in my TV (you know the one that tells me what my weather is going to be like for the next 7 days) has to preface the weather forecast with a still photo (sent in by one of the other viewers) that shows a cool and refreshing setting (you know instead of REALITY)....it's pretty effin' hot and, let's face it, it's just not going to get better!!

(2) - Ok...I'm not proud to admit it...I've been known to beg, plead, stomp my feet, and cry...nothing is working.

(3) - Yeah...don't know how to spell that either...bite me, you get the idea.  It's not like I was an English major or some such freakin' thing!!  =-p

(4) - That would be Mother Nature in case you forgot your caffeine this morning!

(5) - Yes you may go there....

(6) - Despite the fact that I tell her she is supposed to love water because she's Lab something-or-other....she just doesn't buy it.....big dummy!

Thinking it's time to invest in property on Antarctica....

Jewell  =)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I hate it when it gets that hot...YUCK!! Antartica is tooo cold...you need a happy medium...like I don't know where..but somewhere not too cold not too hot. Ohio isn't it....just fyi. LOL

Jenn.

CntryJewell said...

Jenn...can I make a suggestion, and mind you it is ONLY a suggestion! Don't become a real estate agent! LOL =)

Jewell

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Ha ha! Wilted dog - I laughed my head off, that is a great pic! Tell you what I would swap my UK weather with yours.... all we have had is rain... all bloody summer. It's crap. Mind you, 100 degrees does sound quite hot.

YogaSavy said...

Love your humor! As for the rain......sorry not in my hands!

CntryJewell said...

Annie! =) LOL You have no idea what I had to go through to get that picture of the dog! =) I say rather than all or nothing we swap out 1/2 for 1/2 - you can have 1/2 my heat and I'll gladly take 1/2 your rain! Sounds fair to me!

YogaSavy! Thank you, and why not?! =)

Jewell