Sunday, July 11, 2010

Guard dog .... extraordinare?!

I thought I would try something a little different from my norm with tonight's post.  =)  Don't you feel special my little guinea pigs?  =)  HA!

So, I got to ride around the majority of Saturday on this....  (like it was a big, huge, whopping privilege *gag*)


So that I could mow this.... (yes, this is my front yard…gorgeous until you have to mow it in 90º temps with 95% humidity – muuuuurder!)


Before all of this decided to rumble it's way through for the next 3 or 4 days....


The middle of nowhere Missouri is very, very good at growing these….


So it isn’t unusual to loosen a rock as you are mowing or to discover a new one that wasn’t there a week ago.  This weekend was no different, and I worked up a good sized rock.  

So I threw it in the bucket of the tractor and kept going.  When I got done I parked the tractor like this...


Not a big deal right?  Well I didn’t think so either…

Meet Angie…


She came to live with us after the husband him decided, while on a business trip, that it would be a good thing to have a "guard dog".  Since I don't fly, she is supposed to be my guardian, my hero, my savior when the man of the house is off doing important things with important people in important places.

After a long day of mowing the husband him took me out to partake of some pizzas and then home to watch some TV.  Apparently while we were gone, the rock that had worked its way out of the ground while I was mowing became some evil predator from her point of view…


Because when we got back home, rather than paying attention to the fact that someone, anyone, had driven into the yard (and could have been preparing to ransack the house for all that we are worth), she was barking at the stupid rock like it had tried to pull her tail…

Keep in mind that this is the same guard dog that can’t protect a bone from her people, her dog house from a skunk, or her food from the Blue Jays…   *sigh*   Yeah, I’m sunk.  If I randomly disappear and don’t post for an inordinate amount of time, Angie might have been guarding again…call the cops!

She really is pathetic (and yet we love her).  In fact, she’s so pathetic that I am convinced that she was peroxide inhibited in a previous life.

Heavens help us one and all….  =)

Jewell

1 comment:

Felinae said...

LOL! But look how cute she is :) She is proud of herself for holding off the big, bad, demon, rock. It looks like she's asking "Did I do good Mom?"

Hugs~Fel~
(who has to admit that she thinks her cats are more vicious than her dogs)